The Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) is now home to nearly 7 million people and heading towards 10 million by 2041. Metrolinx is bringing more transit and more connections to more places within the GTHA. As we grow, our transit system needs to grow too. Every community transit project big or small plays a vital role in shaping the regional transportation plan. We want to share our plans and get your feedback.
Please join us at our community Open houses to learn about key transit projects relevant to your community, provide feedback and talk to our staff. Open houses start at 6:30 pm with presentations beginning at 7 pm. Topics include:
• Review of proposed mitigation strategies
• Feedback on Environmental Assessment (EA)/Transit Project Assessment Process (TPAP) to build new track and electrification infrastructure in the following areas:
• GO Rail Network Electrification TPAP (Hydro One as co-proponents)
• Barrie Rail Corridor Expansion TPAP
• Lakeshore East – Don River to Scarborough Expansion TPAP
• Review of the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) providing the opportunity to formally
incorporate new insights into the plan, while ensuring we maintain momentum on the projects underway.
Open houses start at 6:30 pm until 9:00 pm. Presentation starts at 7pm.
Monday, November 28th
Jean Vanier Catholic
959 Midland Ave.
Scarborough, ON, M1K 4G4