Clearing and Grubbing (Stage 2) at the Future Kennedy Station
What work is Taking Place?
- In preparation for future construction at Kennedy Station, crews will be clearing and grubbing in the vicinity of Eglinton Avenue East and Kennedy Road for the upgrading and relocation of utilities and the widening of the Eglinton Avenue East roadway.
- As part of this work, a number of shrubs, bushes and trees closest to the curbside will be removed. Additionally, a number of trees in close proximity to the construction zone may also require removal or protection during construction.
- All appropriate permissions and permits to remove trees in conflict with station construction are obtained prior to the start of this work.
- Remaining tree removal and protection will be performed based on the future Kennedy Station construction plan.
- Crews will be present in the vicinity of the current Kennedy Station and associated roadways, as well as on Eglinton Avenue East between Kennedy Road and Midland Avenue.
- Trees to be removed are present along the roadway of Eglinton Avenue East, along the Eglinton Avenue Loops both west and east of the bridge over the rail line, and on the west side of the rail line in both the north and south Kennedy Station parking lots.
- Work will begin in early October 2016 and will last for approximately one month.
- Work will take place between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- Work may be rescheduled due to weather conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
What to expect
- Residents and businesses nearby should anticipate noise from chainsaws and wood chippers for the removal of debris.
Traffic & Pedestrian Details
- Temporary lane closures of the curbside lanes of Eglinton Avenue East are expected.
- Pedestrian and property access will be maintained.
- As always, please take care when travelling near work sites.
For more information, please contact Grace Lau or Brittany Maxwell at the East Community Office.
Thank you for your patience as we work to build this important project.
Please support your local businesses during construction.
Sign up at www.thecrosstown.ca/sign-up to receive regular email updates.